QianNiuGang – Daming Mountain
25km from Wildhomestay to the bottom of Daming. A nice ride there to the base with a drink and noodle stand. The climb is great and described as the Chinese Baby Mont Ventoux. . Two basic options:
- Daming Classic (from north). Up – then down. As fast as you can. 25km up from the base, 25km down again. 1250m ascending. 100km total.
Some photos of a great fun race – Serk Nearly World at Daming!
- Nothing special.
- 25 to 28 road tires suggested but ok with 23mm.
- water as none on the hill.
- careful on downhill bends – some (but not many) cars and rock fall.
- possible landslides.
- camera if nice day.
- wind jacket or more if rain or outside of summer.
A short drone video (still learning that) with John.