Lao Zheng is the old head of one of our local villages and helped work developing many of our local trails. He is known to have the stamina of a ……. , temper of a …… and wicked sense of humor. We asked him to help us design a course for a run event, he said he had something in mind to test our endurance and strength. Boy, he did not disappoint us. In fact, Lao Zheng will be there to see us off at the start line at 10am on Saturday 11th December, but we can’t promise he won’t stay until the last person returns….
So here is what you are up against:
25.5km with 2000m elevation being the main event with shorter options of 20km@1500m and 14km@900m.
THIS IS NOT A RACE!!!
Yet, thanks to our kind partners, we can have wrapped this rather strenuous day in a more appealing dress: fully catered with three aid station along the way, proper route markings and a timing system supported by Intersport plus some special awards.
We will hold an event briefing and have support staff on standby at Wildhomestay to support your needs in case – knock on wood – you need any.
- Bus leaves Shanghai 7pm sharp.
- 4.5h to get here but bus. 2 by train. Direct and non direct train options and the station is 10 minutes from Wildhomestay.
- 8am Breakfast
- 9am Briefing
- 10am Challenge start
- 5pm Challenge Ends
- BBQ & Beers at 7pm
- Awards at 8pm (dress warm)
- 8am Breakfast
- 9am Morning activities, running and shoes testing on an offroad pump track, Adventure cycling on Specialized Diverge adventure bikes.
- 1230 Lunch
- 2pm Leave / bus departure.
Partners & Sponsors
Peter, Leigh and Robin have been instrumental in making these run events happen. Many thanks. Sponsors are being confirmed as we speak. Expect a bunch of fun prizes and very cool sponsors.
RunnersHai, Hai Peaks, Intersport Run Club, Shanghai Trail Runners, Suzhou Striders, Wuxi Athletics Club and also more being added. Get in touch with us to have your club in the mix for Club Category Awards.
Booking is easy.
- Either book challenge entry (168RMB), weekend challenge package (768 RMB), weekend friends & family (600 RMB).
- Then book your rooms or houses. Share with friends!
This means you can have a great weekend for less than 1000 RMB all included!!!
Challenge Entry 168 RMB:
- Food and drinks during the event at 3 stops
- Finisher Badge & Beer Glass
Weekend Challenge Package 768 RMB:
- Challenge Entry
- Bus from Shanghai to wildhomestay and back. Leaves Xujiahui Friday after work and returns Sunday afternoon.
- Food, Saturday breakfast, noodle lunch, BBQ dinner, Sunday breakfast, dumpling lunch. Vegetarian options are available. Free flow of beer Saturday night.
- Free use of the recovery rooms and recovery aids.
Health and safety is our first priority. We are being very cautious, have implementing tried and tested measures on trails that are used by the locals daily, do no running during dark hours and also adhering to national and local COVID regulations. We might need you to have take a Covid test 1-3 days before the event and will determine that closer to the time. Domestic data on Anhui and the ever changing COVID situation can be found here: https://news.qq.com/zt2020/page/feiyan.htm#/ Full refunds will be provided if we decide or are asked to chancel or bad weather is forecasted. We want this to be a fun weekend for all.
We will ask you to sign a waiver on arrival at the homestay which will cover the event.
Please contact our emergency number which will be provided during the briefings.
Please see a list of local hospitals.